05 November 2008

New Commander

There's an awful lot of consternation here over the election results: most conservative cadets don't really like the idea of a liberal president. And most Christians don't like the idea of one either, for reasons good and bad.

But, to me, it's not that big of an issue. On January 20th, he'll be my Commander in Chief, and I will back him, "for there is no authority except that which God has established... Consequently, he who rebels against authority is rebelling against what God has instituted." - Romans 13:1-2

And there is nothing to worry about: our hope is not in any human leader, but in God himself.

We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure. - Hebrews 6:19

2 comments:

  1. Nathan, you are sooo right! Thanks for listing me as one of the blogs you follow. I saw your Dad last night and he told me how good you were doing.
    From an old Navy man, keep up the good work.
    Don't ever worry about who the Commander-in-Chief is, the only commanders I ever worried about were the ones who had my immediate back.
    It's all in God's hands anyway.
    Anchors Aweigh!
    Jim

    ReplyDelete