17 December 2008

Some nut in his underpants

Here I am, in my own bed for the first time since June sixth. It's a little short, but it feels good. And it's sturdy, now that my dad has repaired the same frame my great-grandparents slept in way back when...

Since when did home become a vacation? Spending ten days here, where I grew up, wrestling with Luke, getting bear hugs from dad, and eating my mom's home cooking - it's the best vacation I could ask for right now. Why didn't I realize this sooner?

2 comments:

  1. We all take the wonderful things in our lives for granted, until they are missing. Welcome Home Nathan!

    Merry Christmas to you and your family.

    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Son, what have I told you about blogging in your tighty whiteys?

    You'll wind up like that Jim Smith blogger guy if you are not careful! (Most famous quote: "I shall be brief!")

    rofl

    Home should be a vacation, since it's where the heart is!

    :)

    Pa

    ReplyDelete