01 December 2008

Three thousand words

Since I have no camera out here, this is the best way to describe what I saw tonight:

I headed up to my spnonsor's spare bedroom for a little Bible study/prayer, and when I looked out the window, I found myself amazed. The sun, hiding from me behind a cloud that seemed to run the length of the front range, peeked from underneath and set one of the foothill ridges aglow.

This orange glow quickly spread over the whole city, and the words of "God of this City" echoed through my head:

"Greater things have yet to come
Greater things are still to be done
in this city..."

Next, the sun lowered until it was right behind the summit of Pike's Peak, and for a brief minute, the mountaintop was covered in a hot white blaze, the rest of the mountains obscured to mere silhouettes.

Later in the evening, the sky turned black and a crescent moon shone down, joined by two stars. Under that long cloud, a deep blue sky now formed a band over the mountaintops, and the snow on their peaks still sparkled a little.

Our God is an awesome God.

1 comment:

  1. And he reigns from heaven above...

    Thanks for this Nathan, it is a wonderful reflection and I'm beginning to wonder if you might not have a calling beyond the Air Force.

    Jim

    ReplyDelete