06 January 2009

Fool

"For who do you know that really knows you, knows your heart? And even if they did, is there anything they would discover in you that you could take credit for? Isn't everything you have and everything you are sheer gifts from God? So what's the point of all this comparing and competing?" (1 Corinthians 4:7 MSG)

Just yesterday, I checked my class rank here and proudly told my parents what it was. But I have no right to be prideful about it. Did I make myself smart? No. So why do I act as if I did?

"If any one of you thinks he is wise by the standards of this age, he should become a 'fool' so that he may become wise." (1 Corinthians 3:18 NIV)

How do I become a "fool"?

4 comments:

  1. You're already pretty foolish, lad, comparatively speaking of course.

    ;)

    Just keep on keeping on ...

    DF

    Pa

    ReplyDelete
  2. You certainly don't act prideful and you don't act as if you made yourself smart. Sometimes I think you are too humble.

    Momma

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's a difference between "pride" and simple appreciation of one's own achievements and accomplishments.

    As long as you give credit (and you do) to the one who enbued you with such skill, you are not out on the limb....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, to be a fool myself...

    Some times I really get frustrated trying to learn all this theology stuff, because it all just feels intellectual. I'm getting smarter about the Bible and doctrine...but am I growing from it?...is it changing me?

    ReplyDelete