16 March 2009

Pure Joy

Recognition is over now, and this is starting to feel real. I no longer have to greet upperclassmen or run the strips. I wear my backpack and walk where I want. I have my civilian clothes and my iPod. I'm starting to feel like a cadet now.

But Recognition was one of the hardest things I've done. Pretty much three straight days of training, with at least 2,012 pushups and lots of other stuff, including a light POW scenario.

God's word kept me going - I can't count how many times I recited James 1:2-3, Psalm 27:1, and Psalm 18:29.

Talking about this with anyone who's not a cadet, I've realized they don't know how big this is. It's bigger than Acceptance Day. This is it, really, until Graduation.

Thank you to all who have been praying for me - your prayers have helped me through.

2 comments:

  1. Son, I'm very, very proud of you.
    Good job!
    On to the next challenge!

    df

    pa

    ps: Be sure and tell Luke about the 2,012 pushups.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." I'm proud of you for leaning on God to get you through.

    DF, Momma

    ReplyDelete