21 May 2009

Flood

Rain, rain on my face
Hasn't stopped raining for days
My world is a flood
Slowly I become one with the mud

As I rode through the rainclouds today, Jars of Clay's lyrics kept running through my head. The rain was light, but unrelenting, and it stung on 45 mph descents. But it was a blast: I was pretty much the only cyclist on the roads, and the mountains were beautiful - when they peaked through the clouds.

My legs and butt were soon covered with dirt, soaked by the spray from my rear wheel. The same wheel went flat, and I pulled two small stones from the tire before installing the new tube and reinflating. The cold blast from my CO2 cartridge quickly froze the water on the valve stem. But it was ready to ride again, and after passing a few cars, I made it to Balancing Rock:

Throughout the ride, I couldn't help but praise God for the beauty of His creation. Most stay inside on days like today. They don't know what they're missing.



2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A rainy day on the bike is better than a sunny day at work!

    ReplyDelete