19 March 2010

I'm about to leave the continent. I'm excited, but I'm pretty nervous, too: I'm not sure I'm ready for this. I'm leading a four-person team into the Andes of Peru for five days. Will everyone stay safe? Will our ministry be effective? Will I know what to say?

And I realize problems with that: safety's in God's hands. He has a plan - which may or may not include our safety - but either way, He's in control, and we've got nothing to worry about. I don't have to worry about our ministry, because it's not ours. It's His. And God showed me the answer to the last question on my first mission trip:

"Ah, Sovereign LORD," I said, "I do not know how to speak; I am only a child."
But the LORD said to me, "Do not say, 'I am only a child.' You must go to everyone I send you to and say whatever I command you. Do not be afraid of them, for I am with you and will rescue you," declares the LORD.


Then the LORD reached out his hand and touched my mouth and said to me, "Now, I have put my words in your mouth. See, today I appoint you over nations and kingdoms to uproot and tear down, to destroy and overthrow, to build and to plant." - Jeremiah 1:6-10

I am only a child, a sinner, a mere man. But God has been using mere men since the beginning of time. I'm reminded of Peter: a man who denied Christ three times. But when he preached - no, when the Holy Spirit spoke through him - at Pentecost, three thousand were saved.

You are the potter, Lord. I am the clay.

This is gonna be sweet.

1 comment:

  1. Grab the horn.
    Put your foot in the stirrup.
    Settle your hind end in the saddle.
    Pull your hat down tight.
    And enjoy the ride.

    :)

    df

    pa

    ReplyDelete