11 May 2010

The longer the waiting, the sweeter the kiss

The longer the waiting the sweeter the kiss
It's better my darling, I promise you this

This has become one of my favorite songs. Although the song speaks of a fisherman who is leaving his love to go to sea, I think it also applies to someone who's saving their first kiss. Or in my case, my next kiss.

I really admire a girl who hasn't been kissed. It's not easy. To the girls who have been kissed, there's no reason to be ashamed of that - forgiveness is yours, and purity can be restored. As for me, I know I've been forgiven, but I wish I could say I've save my first kiss for my wife - I'd like to be able to say I only kissed one woman in my life. I can't, but I can say I'll only kiss one woman for the rest of my life.

I've been waiting a while, and I've got some waiting left. But that is gonna be one sweet kiss.

4 comments:

  1. :) represent bro!
    Also, its Andrew. I can't figure out how to work this thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree whole-heartedly. I made that convenant with God last year. It hurts waiting, and it will continue to hurt, but man, that is going to be one heck of a day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad some guys actually think like this too; the ones I have dated or talk to tend to think that it's a stupid idea. So thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good post, Nathan. It's an unpopular stand, and one that many will never understand, but keep standing strong. God is honored by your faithfulness and willingness to now wait on Him and the woman He's preparing for you.

    ReplyDelete